Sunday, January 18, 2009

Remedies for Toothache

During the first quarter of 2008, I was having problems with my wisdom tooth. The pain was immense and often led to fever and of course lost of appetite. This pain caused me to lose concentration and needless to say, I was often in a foul mood. In the end, I extracted both my upper and lower wisdom teeth from my left gum.

Before extraction, these were some of the useful remedies that I used to ease some pain. Rinsing mouth with warm salt water helped to rid the gums of bacteria which was causing the pain. Also clove oil can be rubbed onto the gum around the aching tooth to soothe the pain. In Germany, dentists use a clove-based anesthetic to rid the pain of toothache.

Apart from toothaches, some soreness in the gums may surface. To strengthen gums, drink plenty of rose hip or blackcurrent tea as sore gums may be due to the lack of Vitamin B and C.

These are some simple remedies for not so painful toothaches. However, these are not the final solutions to toothaches, please see your dentist if the pain persists.

No comments:

Post a Comment